Monday, December 5, 2016

December New Releases

I was going to wait until January to release this batch, but, again, I have no patience when things are ready to go! Then I got hit with a nasty cold and am about a week behind on life.

MBT-186 Quaker Peace
This is a companion design to Quaker Seasons and Quaker Harmony, each released many years ago. I have always wanted a third in the series and with all of the turmoil in our world this seemed like a really good time to have a reminder that it is all in His hands. It has selections from scripture in John 14:27. Model is stitched on 32 ct. linen, "Latte," with WDW threads. Stitch count is 137w x 236h. Frame by East Side Frames.

MBT-187 Faith, Laughter and Coffee
Coffee really is a love and addiction for me. Sometimes I even put some coffee in with the flavored cream and sugar that makes it oh, so, tasty. This design is also charted for faith, laughter and love, for those who don't share my morning requirements. Model is stitched on 28 ct. linen, "Golden Needle," with GAST threads. Stitch count is 95w x 123h. This fits a standard 8x10 frame, this one I found at Michael's.

MBT-188 Alphablooms
Over the years I have done many ornaments for the JCS Christmas issues and created an alphabet that I use for signing my initials and date on the back. It has been requested and I figured it would be fun to release it as its own design, complete with border and smalls! Main model is stitched on 32 ct. jobelan, "Queen Anne's Lace," and small framed piece on 32 ct. linen, "Chalkboard Black," with Weeks Dye Works threads. Main frame from Hobby Lobby and small frame from Michael's.

MBT-189 Storms Bring the Rains
I have found many times in my life that it is when I am least comfortable that I am most growing in my walk with God. Through these storms in life, some (okay, okay, many!) of which I have brought on myself through my human nature I am drawn closer to Him. Closer to His word. Closer to His people. It is when my self is put aside that I can live life in his strength, instead of trying to do it on my own. This is when we bloom - when our lives are a reflection of our God and His great and loving kindness. Model stitched on 32 ct. jobelan, "Queen Anne's Lace," with WDW threads. Stitch count is 63w x 95h. This fits a standard 5x7 frame and this one is by East Side Frames.

For accessories, the new prints of needle minders have been doing great! The vibrant colors of the owls and trees have me going back and forth on which are my favorites, so I have them everywhere around the house - on the light box, the fridge, my stitching stand... These make great gifts! More variety is shown on the website but these are some of my favorites.

Also recently released is the fourth batch of Funky Chunky mini fobs. From left to right: soft lavender and olive beads with a clock charm (time to stitch!), bright bubble gum colors with candy charm, fall harvest color beads with the most adorable scarecrow charm, Christmas red and green beads with silver accented glass accent bead and heart charm.

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with my parents visiting. It was our first major gathering that was wheat-free and I can't speak highly enough about the America's Test Kitchen cookbooks when it comes to excellent recipes (yep, a plug for them but the cookbooks have made wheat-free not quite so limiting!). Doodlebug is doing great with her piano recital pieces. Last Wednesday she decided to add "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy" to her pieces and almost has it down... in just five days!

I have already started working on the next batch of designs. There will be a new wedding/anniversary piece, for which I plan to pull thread and fabric today. I have a new reproduction style design that I can't wait to get started on but don't have the fat half of 36 ct. fabric on hand (I heard you mumble under your breath... it may be huge, and on high count fabric, but it's really pretty!). Mostly I have been working on custom accessories for shops and enjoying family and friends. I don't think I've touched a needle in three weeks but that will hopefully change today.

On that note... I wish you a Merry Christmas and many hours of x's.

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

Love your latest batch of designs, Debbie! I always enjoy reading the story behind them. Your new accessories are darling especially the little clock/time to stitch fob.