Wednesday, April 3, 2019

So much new, so little time!

It has been a whirlwind of a week. Since I was sick for our anniversary I decided to sketch out a little bit of what I would like as a new structure for my website. With all of fifteen minutes before they returned home from vacation, I wrote up some ideas and handed it off to hubby, thinking it would be a few months before we tackled it. Nope. He went with it! This means I needed to redo hundreds of images, come up with text, proof... all in the middle of new releases. Can you hear the crazy from where you're at? So I have not only four new chart releases, and specialty pin releases, AND needle minder releases... I HAVE A NEW WEBSITE!!! It is so much easier to navigate, has great new pics of alllllll of the needle minders and Gingher fobs (now each one is available in long and mini) and most of the pins. I even added a picture and fob of the elusive Laurel 4" scissors. All of the design images have been reworked. I'm still doing some updating but I'm so excited for how far we have come already. 

Now for the new designs!!!

MBT-223 A Place for Everything 
A place for everything and nothing in its place. This has been my life during every. single. move. I know I can fit all of our stuff where it needs to go, minus some things that need to find new homes, but it seems like nothing is where it needs to be! Stitch count is 67w x 99h. Stitched on 32 ct. jobelan, "Queen Anne's Lace" with Weeks Dye Works thread and accented with Just Another Button Company buttons. Frame is a standard 5x7 by Mainstays.

MBT-224 Nothing to Fear
He he he he. I love this design. I was in a mood. "There's nothing to fear but fear itself and spiders." It has the cutest little stitched arachnids that seem to be reaching out to touch things that they shouldn't. They're like little toddlers! Design also includes a sweeter version that just has "There's nothing to fear but fear itself." Stitch count is 68w x 68h. Stitched on 28 ct. jobelan, "Queen Anne's Lace" with Weeks Dye Works thread and accented with Just Another Button Company raspberry swirly bud button. The frame is from Green Tree Gallery and used to be gold. I love spray paint.

MBT-225 Embrace Moments
This is the next step in the circle series. Through the past year, and all of our changes, I have learned to Choose Joy (MBT-213) and I would make a decision to rejoice even in the struggles. Through that is to Love Completely (MBT-217) and know that any sacrifice in done in love, remembering to Cherish Friends (MBT-221) because they are a gift from God. Now I am needing to Embrace Moments and take advantage of the time together because we won't get them back. There will be more in the series, one with family is coming up, and I hope you enjoy them as much as I have. Stitch count is 63w x 63h. Stitched on 32 ct. country french linen, "Cafe Mocha" with Gentle Art Sampler Threads. 

MBT-226 Prayer of Saint Francis, Simple Peace Prayer of St. Francis Assisi
Oh, I can't tell you how much I loved stitching this design. From the planning phases, it was created to be affordable to frame. It is designed so that the left and right edges run into the frame rabbit of a standard 16x20 frame, when stitched on 32 count fabric. This gives it a custom look without the custom price. The total framing costs on this was... ready for it?... under $35. This included the frame (on sale at 50% off), mat, lacing materials, and spacers. Stitch count is 257w x 304h. Stitched on 32 ct. country french linen, "Cafe Mocha" with Gentle Art Sampler Threads. The frame is from Green Tree Gallery. 

Specialty Pins - Bees Knees Garnet, Blue, Amber
 Specialty Pins - Daisy Days Spring Green, Aqua, Yellow
 Specialty Pins - Silver Wings Glacier, Pink, Spring Green, Purple, Silver
Phew, that was a lot of stuff! It is a huge weight off to be this far and be able to share these with you. I have kept them fairly quiet even though they have been ready for a month, just because I wanted them spaced out a little bit from the February releases. For the next batch, I have a new one in the Quaker Seasons series - just have to find the frame in the garage. May need to tie off with a rope so I can find my way back out of the boxes... There will be a fifth in the circle series and then I have a few options of what else to include. I'm working on a new hymn, some new scripture, a new chicken one and some new sassy. It is a good season for stitching.

I have figured out that I love hiking. I have always enjoyed exploring, but the state parks here are beautiful at this time of year and I love being in them. It is early enough that there aren't a lot of mosquitoes, and the temps are mild, but late enough that everything is green and starting to bloom. So lovely! We have been doing family day trips to check out the parks and it has been renewing. Then the pollen attacks and I get sick for a week, but I'm enjoying what I can :o) God is good. 

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

Each one of your new designs is lovely, Debbie. Of course, my favorite is the circle one, Embrace Moments. The bee pins are adorable. Off to check out the new web site! Enjoy your week!