Monday, January 22, 2024

New for January 2024

Every time I write the new year, 2024, it feels so strange and I have to double and triple check. I'm trying to figure out where not only last year went, but where did January go?!?!? Our pepper plants managed to survive until winter hit a week ago, when the deep freeze came, and our garden is officially done until spring. By Texas standards, that means next week. 

It has been a doozy of a past six months, and I'm grateful for the joys that can be found in each day. Our family has done morning and evening devotions in the Psalms, we are now in Micah. We did a home group study in Revelation, and then Ecclesiastes, and a Sunday school study in Leviticus. It has been deep, and rich, and so desperately needed. I have found incredible strength in His word, and have more ideas swirling in my head for stitching patterns than I have hours in the day!

MBT-306 Causing Trouble

I needed something sassy. Super sassy. This pattern fits that requirement, as well as being about the dearest friendship. You know those friends - those who are either bailing you out or sitting right next to you, also waiting on bail money. May we one day be the old ladies causing trouble in the nursing home. I look forward to walker races (at a snail's pace, of course) and sneaking extra desserts for one another. Model stitched with Weeks Dye Works thread on 28 ct. Picture This Plus lugana, Sterling. Stitch count is 91w x 91h.

MBT-307 Let Your Light Shine

Scripture from Matthew 5:16. This is third in the short and sweet scripture circles. Model stitched with Weeks Dye Works thread on 28 ct. jobelan, Lambswool. Stitch count is 65w x 65h.

MBT-308 Be Thou My Vision

This hymn has been two years in the stitching, and at least three years in the works. It is one of my favorite hymns and I couldn't narrow down the verses for a small design, so you get all five. I was working on this at a needlework retreat and so appreciate the encouragement that all of the stitchers gave. Thank you. Model stitched with Gentle Art Sampler Thread on 32 ct. linen, Clay/Barn Grey. Stitch count is 245w x 421h.

MBT-309 Pursue Kindness

I love doing this circle series with simple sentiments and encouragements. They would be beautiful stitched over one, as ornaments, or sewn into a quilt. Model stitched with Gentle Art Sampler Thread on 32 ct. country french linen, Cafe Mocha.

I don't have any regular line accessories to add right now. I have some cute new things in the Etsy shop, things that are unique and available in small quantities, but hope to have more regular line items when I release the next batch of charts. I have the designs ready, I just need the stitching time!

Mostly, life is good. I don't know that I would have chosen the path with more challenges, but we don't grow when we're comfortable, so I trust that I'm growing a lot. Doodlebug has become a great worker for me, as well as with her music jobs, and I look forward to seeing when God leads her. Our four legged rascal is a year and a half old and has dominated the house. She isn't all that bright, but she's really cute. I think her brain is on a time delay from the rest of her - we have never had a cat go full speed into the couch so many times, chasing whatever toy catches her eye. She loves the foam nerf balls and we have to hide them each night or she will keep us awake. But she's cute.

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Hi Debbie! Your new designs for January and kicking off 2024 are all fabulous. My favorite is Let Your Light Shine, but they are all so cool. It sounds like you are keeping busy with stitching and the Bible studies. Thinking of you!

Jennifer Wood said...

Love the new designs. I think I need to stitch Be Thou My Vision...one of my favorite hymn. I love it so much that I walked down the aisle to it during my wedding! Love your faith themed stitches...wish I had more time to stitch!