Sunday, March 12, 2017

New kitty fobs!

I started making these new color creations in the last couple of months and they have been a hit! My adorable little cat mini fobs are now available in "Spring," "Summer," and "Patriotic." They are joining their friends "Black/Orange," "Black/Purple," and "Winter." I guess this means I will need to do a "Fall" cat later this year!
The Needlework Show is coming up in just a couple of weeks! Set your calendar for April 1-3. I've started to prepare things for my pages and work on new inventory. I've also had a great time designing during the last few weeks. I ignored housework and have 7-8 pieces waiting for my stitching attention. It's rare that I'm not scrambling to have a few ready, so this is fantastic! As soon as I see the new GAST colors I will figure out the thread for the next Building Block (there is another one coming!). I have a small inspiration piece stitched and it has the most adorable sheep buttons, Christmas Pinkies VI is awaiting a frame, a snarky/whimsical one in progress as my sitting-in-music-lessons piece, and a large hymn on the floor stand. There is also a big scripture design in the works and I am pondering thread colors. It is a companion to the line of The Lord's Prayer, I Corinthians and The Lord is My Shepherd, with a similar style and stitch count. There are a few more, but that should be enough to drool over for now.

The new Gingher scissor picture has been released! They are beautiful and as soon as they are shipped out I will match up beads and come up with the perfect fob accent for them.

For the new things in life - my parents are officially here and settling in. It is good to have them around. Doodlebug loves the attention and all of the card and board games they enjoy playing. I must say, one of the top ten things I never want to say again: I have now finished vacuuming the ceiling. Log cabin, beam ceilings, long hair dog, flies and cobwebs. Enough said, moving on :-) Spring time in the mountains brings on a flurry of homes for sale and we continue to look for a great fit for our family, while making sure to take time to enjoy where we are. I've been doing a study in Exodus and have learned a lot from the life of Moses. God steps into our brokenness and uses it to perfect us. We can't do it on our own, no matter how hard we try! We had the plague of snow this winter, and now all I can think about is forty years wandering in the wilderness ;-)

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

The kitty fobs look good, Debbie! Will there be puppy ones down the road? I look forward to seeing your new designs that you are working on. Enjoy the coming week!