Friday, September 18, 2020

New for September 2020

It is hard to believe that it is already September and the weather is starting to cool. I say cool for Texas, which means still very hot but not *as* hot. We have done a couple of hiking trips, touring state parks and enjoying the beauty of creation. A few weeks ago we hiked Davis Mountain and it was both glorious and brutal. My snarkasm was in full bloom as we reached the summit and all I could think of was the Sound of Music and how "Climb Every Mountain" was not an encouragement at that moment. The only song I was hearing at that point was "Swing Low Sweet Chariot." Last weekend we hiked in Mineral Wells and it was so green and peaceful. The trek back into Penitentiary Hollow was full of lots of little lizards and turtles: my favorite things!  

This has been a very strange year for us all and I tend to stitch what I am going through. The past two months have been a focus of encouragement and just understanding that we weren't meant for this world. That being said, I also brought back a little sass ;o)

MBT-258 New Mercies
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, His mercies never end, they are new every morning. Selections from Lamentations 3:22-23. Model stitched on 28 ct. Water Lily jobelan with Classic Colorworks Silk thread. This piece is the next in the series of floral frames. Frame by East Side Frames PAOT 7-1/2 x 7-1/2.

MBT-259 Give Me Jesus
I can't say enough how this has been my cry of both sorrow and joy over this past year. In the morning when I rise, give me Jesus. You may have all this world (give me Jesus!). Model stitched on 32 ct. Icelandic Beige linen with Weeks Dye Works thread. Frame by East Side Frames VSGG 5x7.

MBT-260 In My Defense
And, the sarcasm... you had to know it was coming :o) I had so much fun with this design!!! In my defense I was left unsupervised. That sums up most of what I get myself into. The chart is shows with lots of color and lots of frills, and then in a pared down version that shows off a hand dyed fabric and a little bit of the dark side. The models are stitched with paw-prints, for the dog/cat/pet lover, and then with flowers, for that super sassy someone in your life. I've also included charted motifs for shopping (purse, shoes, ring) and hand prints (kids, need I say more?!?). Vibrant model stitched on 32 ct. Antique White jobelan with Weeks Dye Works thread. Alternate model stitched on 32 ct. Picture This Plus Valor linen with Weeks Dye Works thread. This is one design I really look forward to seeing the creativity that abounds with our stitchy community. Metal frame by Green Tree Gallery #1719699 4x6.

MBT-261 Power in the Blood
I normally don't release two hymns in a single release but it seemed like both were needed. Being cleansed from sin by the sacrifice of Jesus is an amazing gift and a joy, and this is one of my favorite hymns that celebrates the power of our Savior. Model stitched on 32 ct. Cafe Mocha linen with Weeks Dye Works thread. Frame by Green Tree Gallery #1918861 10x13.

MBT-262 Encourage One Another
Encourage one another day after day Hebrews 3:13. Another verse that has been dear to my heart. It stitches up quickly to be a great gift. Model stitched on 28 ct. Amazing Grey linen with Weeks Dye Works thread. Frame by Green Tree Gallery #881052 6x4. 

Thank you for sharing the joy of the new releases with me. You'll notice there are lots of ready made frame sizes and variety of colors. I hope you play with your thread and have fun with your next project. I'm already working on the next set which will include a new square piece from the Psalms and a floral round and a hymn and a reproduction style and.... and I need to find more time to stitch!

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

Each one of your new designs is lovely. I especially love the Encourage One Another and can already think of two people that I need to stitch it for. Have a great weekend!