Sunday, October 4, 2009

And so it begins

I only recently learned how to text message, and doubt that I could repeat that without an instruction manual, so venturing into the world of blogging will be an interesting journey. My friends joke that I'm being dragged into the world of technology, mostly kicking and screaming, but I look forward to the new world that it opens up.

The weather is starting to turn cold and I am looking forward to hot chocolate and smores made outside in the fire pit. Thankfully there won't be much weed pulling to do for the next few months and I hope to get a lot of indoor projects done. There's always stitching to do, but I would really like to paint the mouldings throughout the house. That is the one major project that I was not able to complete before we moved in, and it's one that is desperately needing to be done.

Work life is in a good place. New releases just came out, two charts (Plant Flowers and Think on These Things), a new needle threader accessory (a great little doohickey that everyone should have), and several new fobs (Swarovski crystals are the greatest). The time spent creating is always enjoyable. The online needlework show starts next week and I'm excited about that. It's a whirlwind of activity, a week of insanity, and then a return to life as normal.

One highlight to the week is that my new Gingher scissors arrived. The Elena scissors are eclectic and bold, like a brightly colored Monet painting. The fob I created to match it is called "Monet's Dragon", with the most adorable little dragonfly charm! I'm slightly addicted to the shiny metal beauties and am only missing one pair in my collection: Emilia. I have been hunting for these for years! A dear, dear friend let me borrow her pair for website pictures, and it was a treat to see them in person.