Thursday, December 16, 2010

Christmas is almost here

I can't believe how fast the last few months have gone. It seems like we just survived the Online Needlework Show, then it was time for Thanksgiving and our family to visit, and now it's almost Christmas! 2011 will be here before I know it, and it seems I can barely remember to write 2010 on the checks now. Home schooling is going well and I'm still amazed at how much the munchkin is taking to reading.

Last month we did a lot of updating to My Big Toe Designs inventory. One of the major change overs happened with our kits. We had two lovely kits, both directed at stitching groups, shop events, and retreats. They are easily customized with group names and a lot of fun to create. In the interest of time and ease of inventory, both kits are now available as charts.

Other MBT news is pretty slim. I've been working hard on new designs, one of them is a new Building Block, and just trying to keep up with inventory. The scissor chatelaines are doing really well and I hope to have new pics of them added to the website this month. I've also been updating the Gingher matching scissor fobs and have plans to take pictures of the new ones tonight. I love beads :-) They sparkle.
Lately I've been spending a lot of time listening to good music. The truck had to be left at the shop for repairs and they gave us a loaner. It was quite a surprise when we found a forgotten CD in the player. The CD was by Michael Boggs, an artist we hadn't heard before, and it sent us on the hunt to find more of his songs. We now have both of his CD's, and the newest one is incredible. Another new favorite of mine is by Matthew West, called The Story of Your Life. His song, My Own Little World, is what drew me to it, but Strong Enough is what I've been playing over and over again. The lyrics are incredible and it has been a great help to remind me that I don't have to be "strong enough".

On Monday I figured out that it is fun to dip things in chocolate. Our Bible Study group had a Christmas pot luck on Monday. I decided to make Oreo truffles to take. Once I started dipping them in chocolate, I couldn't stop! I had to open the pantry and dig for whatever looked good to dip. Vanilla cookies, graham crackers, marshmallows... Yum!

I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and blessed New Year.

No comments: